Sunday, June 8, 2014

Top 10 Life Days.

I think in lists. My brain works better that way. And so if we were making a Top 10 List of Awesome Life Days...I've got some good ones I'd rank. Seeing my second niece be born. The day Stella became mine. The day I started CR. Special days when people entered my life, etc. But now... Friday, June 6, 2014 might make the cut.

I guess you could say it should've been a stressful day. And to a very small extent, I felt a wee bit of pressure. Granted, I was the oldest one in the room by a good 10 years or so. But never did I feel stress. For I was finishing the last step in the interview process for a professional sports team. (Yes, friends, keep in mind, I've been a teacher for 14 years. How did I get here?!) It started with 600 applicants. 30 were chosen. 22 were given invites for the in-person process. And from that 22, 11 of us received "golden tickets" to attend the evening game and the final step of the process. In total, I met multiple executives. Chatted with 2 of the team's players while trying to play it cool (One of those players just so happens to be a personal favorite of mine. He's got a great handlebar mustache). Got suite access to watch the game. Met great people. And had an all-access tour of the "office." All on what was supposedly an interview with some of the most interesting and nicest people around for one of the most amazing organizations. (An interview/hiring process that literally lasted just under 12 hours.) It was a day I felt nothing but peace and grace. 

All said, 5-6 of us will be chosen for the actual positions. Sure, I can't lie. I want the job. Bad. It would be an incredible opportunity. A few perks that would make me a popular friend to have at parties. And a learning experience I would not pass up. But regardless, this was one of those moments when I think..."This is beyond me moments."

If this works out, my office will be a big stadium where men get paid to play a sport. My commute would be about a 10 minute walk from where I am currently living. In the heart of what is quickly becoming my favorite city. 

If it doesn't work out, I had an absolutely amazing day. I am thankful for those that helped get me to this process. (I owe you!) And through it all, I can easily be reminded that life is still at work. This is just another step in the new chapter of my second life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment