Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Whole 30. Day 3-9.

STILL!
Boom. I am over a week in to this insanity called Whole30. It does humor me to hear some of you ask about this journey. Some in doubt, skepticism, or just plain curiosity. For those of your doubters, I am still in. But as I enter into Day 9, I must confess that to celebrate the multiple pairs of pants that are now too big (Now I understand why my friend, EO, had to have so many of her clothes altered, this venture can get a little pricey.), I thought I would take a sip of the sweet nectar called Diet Coke after church on Sunday. A bit of bubbly to cheers, right?! What a mistake. Instantly, the burn, the bubbles, the guilt and the shame commenced. It was NOT worth it. Water was quickly my chaser to such madness. I don't know what I was thinking.

I am now able to eat and prepare real food without hesitation (I am definitely a better cook after much practice in the recent months/year). And as much as I craved beer and chocolate on Day 5 (and still do), I am craving real food more. I drive past my favorite fast food joints and I give them the Stenson stare. I am not wanting to pig out on crap full of preservatives and fat-filled nonsense. HOWEVER, I am about to embark on a trip to visit my favorite potato people in northern Idaho. And there just so happens to be an amazing hot spot called Zips. I am already confessing to the upcoming cheatness called delicious chicken strips, fries, and huckleberry shakes (See the word berry? Let's just focus on that part).

So for those of you interested in this madness, check out the website to get started: www.whole30.com. It is also really helpful to find great recipes and boards on Pinterest (I have a board on Pinterest if you want to follow it too. Helpful ideas, people). The book is also really great, called "It Starts With Food." It is really the method behind the madness.

Boom! Keep eating real, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment